Medical School Resources
Considering going to Medical School? (Post baccalaureate Premedical Programs)
Great Websites to Visit for Pre-med & Medical Students
- Association of American Medical Colleg es
- US News Med School Admissions Blog
Considering going to Medical School?
- Post baccalaureate Premedical Programs (searchable database by AAMC)
Applying to Medical School
- Application & Admission Timeline (AAMC)
- : An analysis of the new medical school rankings.
- Medical School Interviews: A database of interview styles and questions from different medical schools. The discussion forum also has information on medical school interviews with feedback from students on the interview circuit.
- MCAT 2010 Essentials
- MCAT Deadline & Score Schedule
- MCAT score comparison: Compare your MCAT score and GPA to “accepted” students’ scores at US medical schools
- Free MCAT Practice Test (Princeton Review)
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) MCAT Fee Waivers
- The AAMC Fee Assistance Program (FAP) assists MCAT® examinees and AMCAS applicants who, without financial assistance, would be unable to take the MCAT or apply to medical schools that use the AMCAS application.
- In order to receive FAP credit, applicants must have a FAP approval for the calendar year in which they submit their MCAT registration or AMCAS application.
- FREE APP: MCAT Question A Day
- Get free test prep and master the MCAT with help from mcatquestionaday.com. Over 850 questions to answer! Track your performance with the My Stats tool and improve your scores by answering today! Have any suggestions or comments? Enter them in a review below and we’ll try our best to implement them.
- IPod/iPad (free updated 3/31/2011)
Sources of Financial Support
IBR can help borrowers keep their federal student loan payments affordable with payment caps based on income and family size. Public Service Loan Forgiveness forgives remaining debt for federal student loan borrowers after 10 years of eligible employment and who qualifying loan payments.
State and federal repayment programs, and loan and scholarship programs available to allopathic medicine and other health professions students.
This AAMC scholarship recognizes outstanding academic achievement of medical students entering their third year.
Improving the health of low-income and minority communities by increasing the representation of minority physicians, educators, researchers, policymakers, and health care administrators in the United States.
The AAMC Fee Assistance Program (FAP) assists MCAT® examinees and AMCAS applicants who, without financial assistance, would be unable to take the MCAT or apply to medical schools that use the AMCAS application.
In order to receive FAP credit, applicants must have a FAP approval for the calendar year in which they submit their MCAT registration or AMCAS application.
Life and Health Sciences Postgraduate Scholarships
- American Dental Association Scholarships
- The Hearst Foundations: education, health, culture, social service
- Howard Hughes Cloister Program: for medical, dental, and veterinary students
- Howard Hughes Competitions: various competitive funding opportunities, including theEarly Career Scientists
- Howard Hughes Medical Investigators: work for HHMI as a researcher
- Indiana University: many research-based opportunities
- Life Sciences Research Foundation: post-doctoral support opportunity
- McKnight Endowment Fund for Neuroscience: for Master’s and Ph.D. degree-holders
- National Institutes of Health: Grants portal
- NBNA Scholarship Program
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Fellowships: Center for Health Policy at the University of New Mexico
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center: list of medical and health-related funding sources
- Tylenol Scholarship: awarded to health students with demonstrated leadership in community activities
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: grants page
- U.S. Department of Defense: medical funding opportunities
Opportunities in the Military